{DrunkonWords}

Monday, April 11, 2011

Vino vino

It seems a little ironic that the year I decide to give up alcohol for Lent, we lug a perfectly splendid wine cabinet into our dining room. Drew and his dad built it for me and it's beautiful. There's a rack on the bottom that holds fifteen bottles of wine (FIFTEEN bottles of red wines, white wines, dessert wines, champagne!). So far there's only one bottle, but never fear, that will be more soon. The shelf in the center holds a few of our favorite cookbooks and bottles of liquor. And the top is just plain awesome. It imitates an old-fashioned desk, swinging open to reveal hanging glasses that clink softly after a passing breeze wafts by.

I realize that it is cruel & unusual to describe my wine cabinet but not put up a picture. I will! However, the cabinet looks pretty in the fading sunlight of a spring evening, so I thought I'd simply go with the written description. Can you picture it in your mind?

1 comment:

  1. I can picture it, and I can't wait to see it in person to see if it matches my mental image! :)

    ReplyDelete