{DrunkonWords}

Sunday, May 30, 2010

FREE stuff + photo shoot = a very interesting Sunday evening

Today Drew discovered yet another way to sidestep our boycott, so to speak. It's called FREE stuff! Before you roll your eyes and give me a "duh," I'm not talking about your usual treasures from friends and family. Our neighborhood of Montford is known not only for garbage day Tuesday (I must explain: walk the streets Monday evening and there's the potential of finding all sorts of interesting goodies on the curb, mostly in the furniture department. I once saw a guy toting home one of those wooden Chinese screens), but also for the many garage sales that spring up during the summer.

So...we discovered today that some of our neighbors leave the garage sale leftovers on the curb, free of charge, for anyone to pick through. Madness, you may say. At first, I was hesitant to look. What if someone mistook me for a homeless person? Who knows where this stuff has been? But hey, if I'm willing to buy something from a garage sale (I am), what's wrong with sorting through the leftovers? FREE leftovers? So I lugged home fuzzy Snoopy pajama pants and a pair of Express jeans, both of which are hurtling wildly inside the dryer as I type.

Hearing about Giedre's various photo shoots this past week has made me wild to practice. Drew sweetly agreed to model for me this evening and we discovered yet another day-old garage sale of free items, including a very beautiful, very large cotton blanket. This will replace our current picnic blanket - a dark blue bed sheet sprinkled liberally with moons. Goodbye, Moon.

P.S. The Internet is acting wonky. Pictures to come tomorrow.















We encountered Crookshanks on our way home. He yawned for me three times (he knew I was trying to get the right settings)!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see pictures of your free-off-the-curb treasures! PS. LOVE the picture of the cat. I think it should be Drew's profile pic.

    ReplyDelete